Monday, December 14, 2009

ENGAGEMENT

Ryan and I have always had a lot of fun with each other. Here are a few pictures from that time...
Since Ryan is from Indiana there are a lot of things that he had not done or seen in Utah. One day we decided to go tot Park City. We were walking down the main street and across the street were 2 scooters with a sign on them that said "RENT ME". We said, "OK!" So, we drove around Park city on these little scooters all day. We had a blast. Not only was it my first time driving a scooter but I actually ran into a garbage can with several cars watching! Ryan just kind of kept driving as if not not be associated with me. :) Eventually I got the hang of it and we had a great day. We drove up to Deer Vally and some of the streets were really steep and we literally had to push with our feet to get up because they were just not powerful enough...we laughed till we cried!

On our missions we ate a ton of meat! A Brazilian BBQ is called a Churrasco--they turn the meat over fire or coals to cook it. Well, my parents came to Brazil to pick me up and my dad loved the food so much he brought back this little Brazilian BBQ. So, on special occasions we get it out and reminisce about how good the food is and as hard as we try it can not be replicated. We look forward to going back and visiting Brazil again one day.

Halloween night 2003...going around the neighborhood with our nieces and nephews Trick-or-Treating.

Ryan had never been to Disneyland and I LOVE it! It was my duty to get him there. He has an aunt who lives in California who let us stay with her while we went to Disneyland for Ryan's FIRST time. We have been back a few times since and we love it. I like to think that it is the kid in my but I am pretty sure the "adult" Nici loves it just as much...there is something about the "MAGIC" you feel when you are there!

Ryan was a great fiance who baked me a cake on my birthday! He was so proud of his cake decorating abilities. The funny thing is that he did not believe in his baking abilities and brought store bought cupcakes just as a back up!
Dating was a really great time. Even from the start Ryan always kept me laughing...and it hasn't stopped!

No comments:

Post a Comment